Swiss Chiropractic Sports Council
SCSC was founded in 1996 and is part of the head organisation FICS, the Fédération Internationale de Chiropratique du Sport.
The main objectives of SCSC are to maintain, apply, and promote chiropractic in sports, and to safeguard the general and pertinent professional interests of the chiropractic physician. In particular :
• Promotion and encouragement for the improvement of athletic performance through optimal chiropractic treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of sports injuries.
• Promotion of scientific and clinical research, in view of the rehabilitation and prevention of sports injuries and the improvement of athletic performance.
• Encouragement, control and evaluation of sports performance.
• Representation of sports chiropractic and building of working relationships with the sports authorities and other medical sports profession.
• Making chiropractic known as independent medical profession.
• Promotion of the academic education of sports chiropractic and the encouragement of its study.
• Establishment and the maintenance of good confraternity between its members.
The SCSC has 70 members